The so called burrito beef recipe is a dish that is almost like a konglomeration of whatever is in your fridge put into a wrap. LOL! Sounds like a Kelsey’s recipe. So, anyways I did a burrito beef recipe the other day but I decided to put some thought into it. Meat, vegetables and cheese. So why is that so special?
I prepared the ground beef with some tender love and care and I used whole wheat tortilla! Healthy no? Ish!
As for the ground beef, I sauteed it in some onions, garlic, chicken stock and dried ancho chili peppers. Obviously some other seasonings but that is it for the most part for this burrito beef recipe.
Really you can use anything for the burrito beef as long as there is meat, veg and cheese. So take a look at my recipe and give it a try. The key to this recipe is to steep the dried ancho chili in chicken stock and to add it to the sauteed ground beef and veg. This is what gives the dish the authentic flavor of burrito land.
Burrito Beef Recipe
- 500 Grams of ground beef
- 1 Cup of cooked and husked corn
- ½ Cup of sliced onion
- ½ Cup sliced red pepper
- 1 Cup home made chicken stock
- ½ Cup dried ancho chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- Whole wheat tortilla
- ½ Cup shredded cheddar
- Heat chicken stock and dried ancho chili pepper over medium heat. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes and then remove off heat. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan on med heat. Add the ground beef, coriander, cumin, soya sauce and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced onion, sliced red pepper and husked corn. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock mixture to beef and saute for 2 minutes. Once mixture has thickened a little bit, it is ready for the tortilla.
- Let the mixture cool a little and then add it to the tortilla, add the cheese and wrap. Place on a wire rack amd bake for 10 min on 400F/205C till the wrap is nice and toasty.
- there is so many sauces and condiments you can add to this dish, so use your imagination and enjoy!
So I know this is a generic burrito beef recipe that tastes amazing! However I wan’t to take burrito’s to the next level. If anyone reading this post has any ideas on new recipes or suggestions that are outside the box, let me know and I will make it for my next burrito post. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.