I discovered pimento cheese about a year ago and quite frankly can’t get it out of my mind. It was so good I envision putting it on everything. Like an egg sandwich right?! So that’s what I did. A simple sandwich with simple ingredients and a sophisticated cheese in which originated in the south of USA. I have not had the pleasure of going to the south and trying this cheese but the variations are endless as long as the main ingredient is cheese of course. This will be my first sandwich with pimento cheese on Cook with jack so I hope you like it.
Egg Sandwich with Pimento Cheese
- ½ Cup pimento cheese (Click here for recipe)
- 3 Thick tomato slices
- 2 Slices of bread toasted
- 3 Boiled eggs
- Put your eggs in a pot of cold water and place on stove at med/high heat. Once the water starts bubbling and is almost boiling take of stove, put a lid on it and wait 7 minutes exactly. Using a timer for this is not a bad idea. Once the 7 minutes are up your eggs are perfectly boiled with a soft center. Peel and cut your eggs so they can be placed on a sandwich.
- Toast your bread and place your eggs on top of one bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add your sliced tomatoes.
- Add you pimento cheese to the other side of the bread. Combine both breads to form the sandwich. Enjoy
Did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!