Eggs Benedict with Jack’s Famous Braised Beef
29 July, 2013 Breakfast 0 Comments
Who doesn’t like Eggs Benedict? No one I know. A poached egg smothered in hollandaise sauce which is than placed on top of another ingredient such as smoked salmon or sausage. Delicious! My version of this classic dish is in the order of a toasted pita bread, goat cheese, Jack’s Famous Braised Beef, poached egg and then hollandaise sauce. Really there are almost no limitations on this kind of dish as I feel a poached egg can go on top of any meat.
Eggs Benedict with Braised Beef
- 2 Egg yolks
- ½ Cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp of Jack's Famous Braised Beef
- 1 Poached egg
- 1 Tbsp goat cheese
- 1 pita bread cut into a small rounds with a cookie cutter
- Place the 2 egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl along with lemon juice and start whisking until mixture increases by size.
- Melt butter.
- Place a pot on the stove with 1 cm of water in it. You want to heat the water so it starts steaming a little. Shut off the stove when this occurs.
- Place your bowl with the egg mixture on top of the pot and whisk while adding the melted butter little at a time. Remove the bowl from the steaming pot in 20 second intervals so the egg does not scramble in the bowl. Do this until all the butter is in the mixture.
- Add salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper and or water/lemon juice depending on how thick you like your hollandaise.
- Bring water and ¼ cup white vinegar to a boil in a pot. Once water boils shutoff the stove and wait for the water to stop bubbling.
- Stir the water in a circular motion and then crack open your egg and drop into water gently and cover pot. I like my egg runny so I leave it in there for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a perforated spoon.
Assembly of Eggs Benedict with Braised Beef
- Add the goat cheese to the pita rounds and toast for 4 minutes.
- Place on plate and add heated up braised beef on top.
- Add poached egg on top of beef and finish of with hollandaise sauce on top. Enjoy!
More Eggs Benedict Recipes
Gordon Ramsay’s breakfast classic