Glazed Chicken Breast With Kale Salad
Your page rank:
A nice light dinner on a spring day. This glazed chicken breast with kale salad is a great way to eat healthy and still have something that is interesting. I glazed my chicken with BBQ sauce but you can use anything you like.
I like kale because of its texture and bitter taste. I do like the firmness in kale, but it seems that it needs to be tossed in dressing for a little bit due to its natural firmness. The firmness is great as I am a big believer in texture but being tossed in dressing a little bit does soften the lettuce to a state of perfection. The firmness carries the dressing well and never gets soggy like some salad when tossed in dressing.
I am a little bit of traditionalist but today I decided to cut my veg in a food processor. Yes I’m also lazy but the veg came out great.
- 2 Cups shredded kale
- 1 Cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ Cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 2 Shallots sliced
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Diced shallot
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp of chilli pepper flakes
- 2 Chicken Breast(8 oz each)
- 4 Tbsp bbq sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the dijon salad dressing in the salad bowl you are going to use for the salad. Use a wisk.
- Once the dressing is mixed thoroughly you can place the all the salad ingredients on top. When the chicken is ready you can just toss the salad in the same bowl.
- Place a pan on the stove with high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear both sides.
- Once seared, roast the chicken in an oven at 400F/205C for 25 minutes
- Glaze the chicken with your bbq sauce with about 10 minutes left in the cooking. Enjoy!
I have noticed over the months that kale is trending and becoming more and more popular in everyday eating. Obviously it’s healthy, cheap and very versatile. I have recently been using it in salads as you can see for your self and given that I love it so much, I might even create a section just devoted to kale. I came across this website on kale and much more, so check it out and maybe you can share some recipes with me.
Daily Bites Blog – 52 Ways To Eat Kale
Health Benefits of Kale
My kale salad has many health benefits such as,
- Can help lower your cholesterol.
- Kale is great for detoxing
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants
- Great for helping digestion and elimination.
Kale is better for you when cooked rather than raw. Steamed kale for 5 minutes is ideal for optimal heath benefits.