The kebab was originated in the Middle East and has now become a part of a wide variety of cuisines. Meat that is cut up into little chunks and then skewered is called kebab. These skewers can be cooked on an open flame, BBQ or even your home kitchen. You can also add vegetables, fruits or whatever you desire as long as the skewer is the carrier of these items. The idea of the kebab brings happy feelings as it is often times associated with gatherings that include family and friends.
This beef kebab is a family tradition that is cooked in my family on a regular basis. The ingredients used to flavor this dish turns the meat into a vibrant red color that makes you drool when you see it cooked.
- 3 Lbs beef tenderloin cutup into chunks
- 1 Cup tomato paste
- 1 Cup red pepper paste
- 3 Tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Soak your skewers in some water at least 1 hour before cooking on BBQ.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add all the beef chunks and let sit for 30 minutes as the marinade will have a chance to flavor the beef.
- Once beef has marinated start skewering beef onto skewers.
- Turn BBQ on med-high heat, oil grill, and cook skewers 6 minutes on each side. The marinade will char up a little as that will give it flavor. Be careful not to char it too much. Enjoy!