Who doesn’t love meatballs? Generally meatballs are made pretty similar everywhere you go but I tried to make mine a little different. I used ground pork and ground beef with some crisp chunks of bacon. I also decided to use a fresh loaf of bread for the bread crumbs as they would add more moisture to the meatballs. Not completely different but it’s a start. I took my meatballs and put them on a fresh loaf, added some homemade tomato sauce, melted some mozzarella on top and voila, Jack’s Meatball Sandwich.
Meatball Sandwich Ideas
The traditional meatball sandwich is your balls, tomato sauce, cheese and bread. These flavors combine to make a rich and hearty sandwich but sometimes adding a fresh ingredient or some sort of acid will enhance the experience and taste of the food. Keeping the sandwich exactly the same but adding some of my Salsa Verde will give the sandwich some brightness and compliment the rich flavors within the sandwich. A Salsa Verde is basically a green sauce that has either been chopped up or pureed. It mainly consists of herbs, oil, and vinegar and basically every country has their own version of this green sauce.
- 300g Ground pork
- 300g Ground beef
- 5 Strips of crispy bacon cut into chunks
- ½ Fresh loaf of bread pulverized in your food processer
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ Tbsp oregano
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup of milk
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- 4 Mozzeralla slices
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh loaf for the sandwich
- Mix the gound pork, ground beef, bacon, pulverized fresh bread, garlic, oregano, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make sure to not over mix as meatballs will turnout tough.
- Roll meatballs out the size of a tennis ball and place on a pan with parchment paper.
- Bake in an oven at 220C/425F for 15 minutes. Flip the meatballs so they get browned on both sides. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to your fresh loaf of bread, add the tomato sauce, add the cheese and melt under a broiler. Enjoy.
Did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!