Rice noodles! Gluten free noodles that are yummy have great texture and usually a great way to soak up lots of sauce. Especially my delicious peanut sauce recipe. This dish all started with the love my household has for peanut butter. My wife is a peanut butter addict and eventually that wore off on me. The timeline goes like this, smooth peanut butter ► crunchy peanut butter ► Jack’s Peanut Sauce! And that’s where were at now. Rice noodles + Peanut Sauce + Sriracha Chicken = YUMMYatCWJ
Rice noodles are usually in dishes from the east and southeast regions of the world. They are made with rice flour and water and are in popular dishes such as Pad Thai and Phở. I love pasta, but I prefer these noodles any day due to their soft texture. The method I used to prepare the rice noodles was simply soaking them in cold water until they were soft. When my dish was 80% complete and all I needed to do was add the noodles, I strained the noodles from the cold water and added them to my saute pan with the simmering ingredients. (simmering peanut sauce and vegetables)
This chicken and rice noodles with peanut sauce is a dish better than delivery. All it takes is a little bit of effort. Effort + food = YUMMYatCWJ
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp siracha
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 Tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 Small red pepper
- ½ Onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp julienne ginger
- 1 Tbsp cilantro ends
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Chicken breast (cut up in chunks)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp siracha
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Cilantro leaves
- Handful of soaked rice noodles in cold water(until soft)
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce with a whisk and set aside.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Add vegetable oil, add chicken chunks when oil starts smoking a little. Add salt and pepper. Sautee until 70% cooked.
- Remove chicken and toss with 2 tbsp siracha, and bake in oven until chicken is fully cooked.(Bake 400F)
- Add onions and peppers to pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Add all your peanut sauce and bring to simmer.
- Drain rice noodles and add to pan. Add cilantro stems. Toss everything till sauce and noodles are incorporated and steaming hot. (Noodles should cook a little bit more in the pan until soft)
- Place dish on a plate, add cooked chicken, garnish with cilantro leaves, roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
Did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!