This salad is a classic. Mozzarella, basil, tomato and my personal touch some sautéed shrimp. To be honest I love the salad served with a protein. I picked shrimp however you can pick whatever you want. The salad is a light dish that is often used as an appetizer in restaurants but when you add a nice piece of protein too it, you go from appetizer to entree. If you want to skip the protein you can always add some kind of bread to the dish to give some substance.
- 1 Pint of colourful cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp basil puree
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Mozzarella ball
- 6 Peeled and devained shrimp
- 1 Tbsp balsamic reduction
- 3 Basil leaves
- Wash cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and add basil puree, toss and let marinate for 15 min.
- Sauté your shrimp in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sauté on med-high heat, 3 min per side.
- Tear up the mozzarella ball and place in the middle of the plate. Top the cheese off with all the marinated tomatoes and pour any leftover juices over them.
- Place sautéed shrimp on top and finish the dish off by drizzling the balsamic reduction. Garnish with basil leaves and enjoy.
Did you like this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!