Post written by Jack
Shredded beef, nothing fancy or glamorous with this dish, and the name doesn’t even sound that appetizing. So why would I do a post on shredded beef sandwiches. Good question, this recipe in its simplest form does bring a sense of comfort, and does get my juices flowing. I mean with all the things that are added to this dish in order to complete it, are cravable and salivating additions. Gravy, bbq sauce, pickled hot peppers and more oh my! It doesn’t stop there, this shredded beef sandwich recipe also gives me a reason to use my T-Fal Clipso pressure cooker. I mean really any time I can get my pressure cooker involved I’m all for it. It’s a simple appliance that saves you a ton of time.
I used a sirloin tip roast for this recipe. I seasoned the roast with salt and pepper and seared all sides of the roast on a hot stainless steel pan on high heat. After searing all sides I sliced the roast in 3/4″ pieces. Placed the pieces in my T-Fal Clipso pressure cooker, added 2 cups of water, 1 beef bouillon cube, locked the lid on top. Brought it up to pressure and then adjusted the heat to maintain a medium pressure and sat back for 30 minutes. Voila! Shredded beef was in my future. I released the pressure and, removed the lid and shredded the beef. Made a gravy with the left over liquid, tossed the beef in my gravy and made a sandwich. Pretty darn easy and super fast. My shredded beef sandwich recipe was pretty basic as I only flavoured with salt, pepper and beef stock which I turned to gravy after. You do have tons of options in adding more flavour such as brown sugar, soya sauce, Worcestershire or even some herbs. I left it simple as this was my first attempt at a family classic in my house hold. My next time doing this recipe I will definitely jazz it up a bit.
- 1Kg-1.5Kg Sirloin Tip Roast
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Bouillon cube (beef)
- Salt and pepper
- Pickled peppers
- Season sirloin tip roast with salt and pepper. Sear all sides in a bottom heavy stainless steel pan on high heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Slice roast into ¾" pieces and place into pressure cooker. Add 2 cups water and bouillon cube. Cover lid and place on stove top with med-high heat.
- Once pressure cooker is brought up to pressure reduce heat to medium to maintain pressure for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off heat and remove from hot stove top. Let cool for 5 minutes and then release pressure slowly. Once all pressure is released, remove lid. remove beef from pot and shred into another bowl.
- Make a gravy with the cooking liquid and add beef back to pot.
- Toast your bun, add your beef to the bun and any other additional toppings. Enjoy!